September 7, 2008

Happy Father's Day to Aussie Dads

This was one thing I couldn't get used to, Father's Day in September. Basically Dh made out like bandit while we were there, having 2 Father's Days a year. The traditional one (for me) in June and the one where the kids brought home masterpieces made just for him in September and then to have his birthday a couple weeks later. Some people...

It's been a little hectic, I would have liked to scrap some more but with trying to get organized for the hurricane that may close school some time next week and DH going away again and it's getting on that time of the month, I'm knackered.

Hurricane Ike is not meant to directly affect us, he's passing around the tip of Florida and is supposed to be heading up into the Gulf of Mexico. However, based on his size, there's a really good chance that we will be getting quite a bit or rain and a fair amount of wind and they may decide close school while the worst is passing. I'm really not looking forward to that scenario...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay me!!!