August 20, 2008

First day of school

Today was a GOOD day! Uninterrupted hours of thinking my own thoughts and doing my own thing, getting all my errands done in my own time. Such a good day and they were so happy to be going to school and not having to deal with the shouting lady that keeps telling them No! No! No!

Until they got home...something about Maegan had been bothering me for a while, couldn't quite put my finger on it until I was brushing her hair and...

"Why did you cut your hair?"

"Because you wouldn't let me"

"You didn't ask"

"I did when Dad and Greg went"

"But you didn't say anything, you just said you didn't want your hair like that"

She cut her fringe last night and the shortest pieces are dead centre of her face and they're, I swear, at scalp level. Maybe a whole cm long. I actually had my face in my hands for a minute, trying not to fall to pieces because if I don't laugh, I'll have to cry. You can actually see how short and crooked it is in the picture.



IT was so cute though, when I picked them up, Greg was wearing his "beautiful crown" .

"It's not a funny crown Mom, it's a beautiful crown"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice hat!