March 10, 2009

Project Appalachian

I get emails from my LYS and this week, they announced that they're collecting sweaters for Project Appalachian. I'd personally never heard of it but they were inspired by a story on the news over the weekend about poverty in the Appalachian mountains.

To be honest, I still don't know much about it or have bothered to research the article - my bad - but in this day and age, I truly believe that poverty, true poverty, not relative poverty in the USA should not exist. Anyway, their initiative is to collect sweaters for children and they are looking for any and all knitters and crocheters to get involved. I packed up the few that I could put my hands on and took them down and volunteered to make more as they were getting some yarn donated.

Having said that, I'm putting out a call to any that can help. My LYS is A Stitcher's Haven and unfortunately, they haven't updated the website with the details yet but their contact information is on the link.

No comments: