June 30, 2008

Inspired to create

This is my first blog post here and I'm so excited to be sharing.

I had the most wonderful class about 2 weeks ago with an amazing lady, Lauren Nwachukwu, where it was 2 hours of play. She gave a list of skills and techniques that worked with the medium, which is acrylic, and then cut us loose. It was by far, the best class I've had in a long long time, and I felt that I got value because I not only learned a couple things, but she was able to answer every question I had. This lady knows her stuff!

After all her guidance I have this wonderful crown album. These are the individual pages - in order - and when I get a chance to dump my camera memory, I'll post a picture of the whole thing all tied up.






Having said that, I went home with ideas buzzing around my head - not in my head mind you - they might hit one of my 2 brain cells and leave me half witted, but I had to play.

This is what I'm currently processing: a 12 x 12 D ring acrylic album.

I've got my album pieces already measured and cut, I have an idea on how to put them together and I'm currently prettying up the pieces before I put them together.

Stay tuned....

No comments: