April 25, 2010

Roses glow


These were made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die and My Mind's Eye flocked paper and while I thought they were pretty cool before I glazed them, I really like how they turned out after being coated with UTEE. The UTEE thing has a bit of a learning curve, I've found. One of my peeps and I were playing with her mom's melting pot and almost a whole pound of UTEE to learn that
  1. Work fast, this stuff cools quickly
  2. Work fast, it scorches in the pot and turns yellow
  3. Don't work too fast, it's really hot and burns are a bitch
  4. Make sure you use the right setting on the pot
  5. Don't use the heat gun to speed up the melting process, it makes a HUGE mess
  6. Not everything looks good dipped in the stuff - felt for instance. Flocked paper leaves fuzzies behind too

No comments: